Iizoeh 23 here's his story

I was a 20 year old soon to be mommy to whom would be the most blessed gift I would've ever received. I wanted a boy but had creatively came up with both a girl & a boys name just in case. Around December of 2012 I found out indeed my prince he was. Then along came January in which I had an appointment to check up on prince Iizoeh, which was also followed by my 21st birthday how exciting. That week marked 23 to everyone's surprise that inpatient son of my was ready to explore this world the weeks didn't matter. To this day I sit back & think about how crazy that second week of January was. Iizoeh would be arriving at just 23 short weeks. By then it was to late to keep him baking but that's just the way things happened. He was airlifted to Topeka Ks to the nicu. I have no idea how I lived through all that. After a month my little tiny sunshine was transported to Kansas City ks to get surgery to get 1 of his 2 heart murmurs closed. Later he had to get a little mushroom like drainer inserted in his head (spinal fluid). On April 5th 2012 almost 3 months later God decided to take him back home where he believed Iizoeh belonged. My little trooper was gifted with a pearly white pair of wings. Some things are unexplained but one thing is for sure Iizoeh Johsan was the best thing that has ever happened to me & I'm sure 1 day we will meet again ♥

Feel free to share-

10 Replies

• In reply to LibbyB:

Welcome to share! My heart goes out to you on the loss of Iizoeh. I'm glad that you have found us and shared your son with us. Please know we are here to hold your hand and offer as much support as you need.

erin

• In reply to Iizoeh 23:

Special days are still especially hard.  5 years later, I am able to find joy in the special moments and holidays, but they are always bittersweet because in my heart I know my daughter should be there too. When it feels right I try to include something that reminds me of my daughter and around the winter holidays I donate a toy for a little girl that is the age my daughter would have been.  Most importantly, just do what feels right for you at the moment.  Some special days you just have to make it through one breath at a time.

Hugs,

Marissa

• In reply to CharlieAllene's mom:

Thank you I appreciate all the love ♥ hugs back for yall as well!!

• In reply to LibbyB:

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sending many hugs your way.

Rebecca

• In reply to lvazquez:

Yes so far reading people's stories sure does help! Thank you ♥

• In reply to Hunter and Randi's Mom:

Yes definitely I don't believe anyone should have to go through something like this. How do you cope with it on special days or holidays ? Thank you ♡

• Hello and welcome to Share.  I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your precious baby boy Iizoeh. I am glad that you made your way to this site. I have found it to be a great line of support even after several years later. I hope that it can offer the same support to you.

Thinking of you and your sweet angel,

Lindsay

• Welcome to Share.  I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet Iizoeh. I am also an angel mommy.  I so wish no one else had to experience the loss of a child.  I am keeping you and your amazing angel in my thoughts.

Marissa

• In reply to LibbyB:

It sure was, it was a feeling hard to explain because unless someone goes through it it's hard for anyone to understand. Thank you so much as of right now thanks to my family friends & yall, I'm doing ok. ♥

• Hello and welcome to Share.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Iizoeh.  The 3 months that he was here must have been such a rollercoaster.  Thank you for sharing his story with us.  If you ever feel like you need any extra support in coping with your loss, we are here for you. I found that starting a blog here was extremely helpful.

Libby

Related