Why You Should Come to Share Union

We will post videos from other Share Your Story members who have attended past Share Unions. Learn a little bit about their experiences, and why you should join us this year for a great weekend of support and love with people who "get it". We look forward to seeing lots of new faces, as well as those who have been with us for years!

8 Replies

• Share Union allows you the opportunity to meet and connect with other families. For one weekend a year, I get to be recognized as a mother of 3. I can talk openly about a NICU stay, parenting a child with Special Needs, and grieving an angel. Just like blogging with others has helped over the years, meeting (again) in person adds that extra element of healing.

Lindsay

• In reply to tucker'smom:

ShareUnion is the only place I can be known as Ethan & Casey's mom ... and where everyone I'm engaged with has been brought into my life because of my sons. I've had many a healing moment at SU. As much as I wish I could change my world to bring my sons back, I wouldn't trade the people who have come into my life because of them.

erin

Attending Share Union for the first time in 2012 was very difficult for me. I have a hard time being away from my husband and daughters. I really didn't know what to expect while I was there. Once I was there I was amazed at the incredible amount of love and support that I felt. Like Nikki said my husband also noticed a huge difference in me when I came home.

If you are on the fence about attending just keep reading the posts from past attendees and you will be convinced. :)

Jami

• Last year was the first Share Union for me too.  I was very nervous about going, but I am so glad I took the leap and attended.  

For me Share Union was a place where I got to grieve for my angel daughter, for my son's early arrival, for the loss of my perfect pregnancy and the life I imagined, in a safe place, surrounded by people who got it, who wouldn't judge my emotions, and who were ready with a hug and some tissues.  Even though it took me 5 years to make it my first Share Union, I felt an enormous sense of relief and calm after the weekend.

I also leaned helpful tips from the speakers and got to meet face to face many of the wonderful people who had been giving me support online for years.  

I am so excited to attend again this years for more healing and hugs.

Marissa

ShareUnion 2013 was my first ShareUnion. I arrived as one person and left a completely different person. The speakers were so inspirational. Meeting the people who commented on blog post and gave support via SYS, was amazing. I have never received as many friends requests on Facebook all at once until leaving ShareUnion. My daughter's angelversery was during ShareUnion and it would have been a much harder day if I wasn't surrounded by such amazing people who understood. I didn't want the weekend to end. I personally can't wait until ShareUnion 2014.

Last year was my first Shareunion.  I am not one to go off by myself and meet people that I have never met before only talked to online. I have never traveled alone always with friends or family.   So it was way beyond my comfort zone.  But I went from encouragement of other share members, my husband, and friend.  I am so glad I went.  It was a weekend of spending time with people who "get it"  and just a weekend of getting to be Scott's mom.  It was an amazing experience and even my husband commented on how different I was when I got back.  The speakers were great, the friends that I made.  I wish that I wouldn't have to be a part of this group or that this group didn't have to exist but so glad that it is available. It's a little ray of sunshine among the storm that we all have been through.