Considering going, It will be my first time

Share Union falls on my birthday this year and I really am considering going. Im nervous though. Im 21 years old and I have never traveled alone. I lost my 2 month old daughter this past March in the NICU due to prematurity and I would really like to surround myself with people who have experienced similar situations as me. Has anyone else felt this way? Wanting to go but nervous? Big Smile

10 Replies

• In reply to Akeelah's Mommy:

Aurora Pryde's mom,

I send you an email. :)

All these other ladies are right. It is very nerve racking getting on a plane or driving to attend this event. Once you are there though and realize that you are in a room full of people who aren't uncomfortable when you talk about your child it is pure awesome!

Jami

• I so remember the feeling of wanting so bad to go but scared.  I had never  traveled alone but I will tell you that its a decision I am so thankful I made!  That first year was the first time I had been in a room full of people who just got it!  I really hope you come!  

Samantha

• Oh goodness, Yes!!!!  I've had similar feelings. Last year was my first S.U. Opening night kind of felt like the first day of school for me. I was that nervous!!! However, the nervousness faded as soon as I talked to a couple people. The friends I've made are amazing :)

I'm so glad you've decided to come. See you in Phoenix!

Rebecca

Yes!!!  I attended SU on my birthday last year so it makes for a great gift for yourself!!  I was super nervous my first time because I'm so weird about traveling alone, but getting there was the only part that I was not surrounded by some of the greatest people in the world!!  Shareunion friends are unlike any other friends!!!  I look forward to meeting you in AZ!!

Tracy

• In reply to Aurora Pryde's Mom:

I'm so glad you will be there!  Last year was my first year.  I was very nervous, but it was so worth it.  I got so much from being surrounded by all of the amazing people who truly understood what I had been through and having the chance to grieve for my daughter without worrying that I was making anyone uncomfortable.  I look forward to meeting you in person in Phoenix!

Hugs,

Marissa

Thank you! I will be making arrangements to attend :) Im excited!

• I had a few Share members tell me last year that it would be a great experience  I am not one to go off and travel by myself let alone to meet a bunch of people I only know from being online.  I went and was so very nervous.  It was an amazing experience.  To meet women who truly "get it"   This will be the farthest I have ever traveled with my family on my own but I am looking at it as a new experience.   Hope we see you there so that I can meet you in person!

Nicki

Hi, I agree with Lauren, everyone feels nervous and a little nutty the first time attending SU. Generally within ten minutes of being there you are so incredibly thankful that this event exists, it is so hard to describe the feeling of being in one place with so many families who understand what you've been through. I 100% encourage you to come!! Flying alone is intimidating the first time, but I promise it's worth it!!

Huge hugs,

Leigh

• Only everyone.  :)  I think we all feel we're nutty to get on a plane and go hang out with people we've only met virtually.  And oy the nerves!  They last about .1 seconds once you actually arrive and see lots of smiling faces that "get it".

And I think we've been quite a few people's first travel alone!

Lauren

Related