Our Angel - Quinn Marie

My husband and I became pregnant with our 2nd child in Feb 2016, due with a baby girl on Nov 1st. Our 5 yr old son was born at 41 weeks completely healthy.  Our second pregnancy was shaping up to the be the same way until it wasn't.  Everything was looking and feeling perfectly healthy.  Then I stopped feeling the baby move at about 29.5 weeks.  We had an ultrasound scheduled for a few days later so I we figured we'd just find out then that everything was fine and we were over reacting.  We went in for that ultrasound to find out little Quinn no longer had a heartbeat at 30 weeks. We were devistated.  She was born on 8/26/16 at 9:18am weighing 2lbs and 12oz.  Its been a long 6 weeks and we are missing our baby girl terribly.  We are very blessed to have a son who is 5 years old.  The hardest part of this whole thing has been having to explain to him that his baby sister died and while he is still a "big brother" its not going to be the same as most sibling relationships.  Thank you for letting me share my story.

6 Replies

• In reply to lvazquez:

Thank you Lindsay, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Its been a tough road but we are getting there.
  • Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter Quinn Marie. You are not alone. There are many people in our Share community who have also been through this. I hope that you can find some comfort in cuddling your son while you continue to heal. We are here if you need to connect.
    Cassie
  • Hi Welcome to share.I am so sorry for the loss of Quinn. I too had a baby die and know how hard it is. When there is an older sibling it is so difficult to find the words to explain to your child what has happened. My oldest was 3 at the time. It wasn't till 2 years after my son Scott's death that we realized our oldest son had no clue he was still an older brother. Since then we have gotten him a big brother ornament and refer to scott as much as we can as his brother. Many hugs to you and we are here for you. Nicki
  • In reply to Hunter and Randi's Mom:

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.
  • In reply to lvazquez:

I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet Quinn. I am also a loss mom. There is no pain like the pain of losing a child. We are here for you as you grieve for your daughter.
    Hugs,
    Marissa
  • Welcome to Share. I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your sweet baby girl, Quinn Marie. Your story brings tears as it mirrors my own. I'm an angel mom to a 30-weeker boy. I also wasn't feeling a lot of movement in my mid-29th week and was just a few days from my next appointment. I heard those same fateful words of no heartbeat. I can imagine as I had the same conversation early on with his bigger brothers. It has evolved a bit as they've grown bigger. There is so much I want to say, but most of all, welcome. This is a safe place to share your experience, your feelings, and your angel with us.

Sending hugs,

Lindsay
Related