Hello

My name is joanna and back in November 2013 I got preclampsia and had to have my son at 33 weeks 6 days well just on October 10 I went for a check up for my pregnancy and my blood pressure was 189/110 and I got admited to the hospital they finnaly stablized my blood pressure but on October 15 2017 I woke up with a really bad headache and they tried all the Meds to calm it and it didn't go away I ended up going in for a cesarean at 27 weeks 6 days as of right now my daughter is doing amazing but it's very difficult as a mother to a almost 4 year old and trying to mangage my time to pump and take care of my self and my son there just only so much time but this journey is just beggining  I hope you all like my story and hope the best for everyone else in there little miricles

3 Replies

• Hello. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing well in the NICU. I had my son on October 3rd 2017, at 26 weeks 4 days. And have a 2 year old son, as well as 4 year old step daughter. It can be very challenging with children at home and one in the NICU, my journey is just beginning as well. I'll be keeping you and your babies in my thoughts!
  • Welcome Joanna. I'm sorry to hear your little one has arrived so early. It's great to hear how well she's doing despite her early birth. I hope you're doing well too. I remember the struggle of having a child at home while my babies were in the NICU. It seems I was always feeling torn between two places I wanted to be. Be kind to yourself, do the best you can and know that both of your children know they are loved. While cliche' it's true... take one day at a time.
    Thank you for sharing your story. Please keep us updated on how you all are doing.

Take care,
    Karri
  • Welcome to Share Joanna. Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! I know that it can't be easy to have a little one at home as well as a baby in the NICU. Know that she's in the best place receiving the best care while she grows. I am SO glad that you had that check-up that day and were sent to the hospital where you could be monitored. I hope to read more of her NICU journey. Sending early bday wishes to your kiddo next month and you try to get some good rest as you can.

Thinking of you,

Lindsay
Related