Hello!

Hi, my name is Brittany and I had an emergency c section at 35 weeks due to preeclampsia. My daughter Eliana was born at 4 lbs 6 ozs and spent 8 days in the nicu with a feeding tube. She was recently diagnosed with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and we are still processing the information and finding out where to go from here. She is in speech and physical therapy. I am very hopeful that she will be successful as an adult, and I am determined to help her get there.

2 Replies

• In reply to deannafei:

Hi Brittany, welcome to share! Congrats on Elaina! How old she? My daughter is 8, born 25 wks, weighing 1 pound. Obviously, not the same situation, but know we understand your fears. My daughter had all of the services offered, speach, physical, occupational, cognitive, all of it. They were an amazing tool in her life. Where to go from here? I'd start doing local research on dr's who specialize in cerebral palsy. I'd get 2nd opinions. I'd ask your social workers(at hospital or who you are getting services from) what they would recommend? We will be praying for strength for you and healing for Elaina. Keep us updated! Love and light-liz
  • Hi Brittany, welcome to Share and thank you for sharing your story with us. Congratulations on the birth of Eliana -- what a beautiful name! I know this is a stressful, overwhelming, emotional time, but your strength and hope still come shining through. My daughter was born at 25 weeks and suffered a severe brain bleed. She doesn't have cerebral palsy but she has received speech, physical, and occupational therapy. She's now 5 and doing amazingly well. And though I'd give anything to reverse everything she suffered, I also wouldn't want her any way but exactly the way she is. The road ahead for parents like us might be filled with uncertainty, but there's every reason to be hopeful, too. Please keep us updated on you and Eliana. There are many of us here at Share on similar journeys who are eager to support you on yours.

Hugs,
    Deanna
Related