Hello

My name is Jessica and I'm new to this site but not new to the prematurity and/or loss situation I've had 3 miscarriages and 2 children born premature my oldest was born at 32 an a half weeks  4lbs 9 oz my youngest was born at 30 weeks 1 day at 3 lbs 1.9 oz spent 55 days between NICU and ISN I have to say March of Dimes was a blessing they helped me prepare for what it meant having a preemie so it wasnt as scary as it could have been with no support. My oldest had a few issues at birth my youngest had a great number of diagnoses from polycystic kidney disease and patent ductus arteriosis a heart murmur failed hearing screen cysts on kidneys thyroid issues as well as retinopathy of prematurity among various other issues but now he's 8 months old and oldest is 9 and growing like a weed.

2 Replies

• Welcome to Share, Jessica! I'm sorry for all you and your kiddos have been through, but it's great to hear how well both of them are doing. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I agree with you completely, I'd be lost without the March of Dimes and Share Your Story. I've been writing here and volunteering for the foundation for 15 years. This website truly saved me.
    I hope you're able to come back and update us on how your family is doing.

Hugs,
    Karri
  • Hi Jessica, welcome to Share Your Story! My name is Laura Gordillo and I'm the community host for this site. I'm happy you've joined our community! I hope you find the friendship and support you're looking for here. How are your boys doing today?
Related