Goodbye

I had.a great pregnancy until.it all crashed down. Iwent in for my 30 week check and we discovered I had preeclampsia. Up until then everything was perfect. O ended up being admitted on Tuesday 6/18. By 6/19 an anatomy scan to look for a goiter on the baby revealed that he was in bad shape. His heart, lungs, and liver were all surrounded by fluid and was was whisked back for an emergency C-section...but they had told us that this type of situation rarely ended well. Epughlg 30 minutes from being pulled from my stomach our sweet baby was pronounced dead. There was nothing left they could do. Everything in our life was fine, until it allcame crashing down. Today is our last day with our sweet angel. The women's and children's hospital we are at is amazing in that he could stay with us until dischage. They have protocols in place that help keep him comfortable until the funeral.home comes to pick him up. I can't imagine going home. For almost 30 weeks we have planned brining him home. He was a TOTAL surprise...I have always wanted 3 children. I had two miscarriages after our second was born so when we got pregnant with Anderson and out of the danger zone I was so happy. And just like that he is gone.

Everything was perfect. Until it wasn't.

1 Reply

• Hello and welcome to Share. I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your baby boy Anderson. It's so amazing that you were able to have him with you until discharge. I bet you memorized every detail about him during that time. I know how empty and sudden it all was. I had to respond to you when I read your post. I also lost a baby boy at 30 weeks gestation. I had undiagnosed preeclampsia and a bunch of other things went wrong very fast. Before I knew it, I was rushing myself to the hospital near midnight and when I got there, no heartbeat. I had an emergency C-section and it just all happened so fast. When I came to, my husband was there and we were making plans that no new parent should ever have to make. It was unreal and looking back, I still shake my head. I know what you mean. If I could take a picture of happiness, it was right up to that point. I am thinking of you and your angel.

Sending hugs and strength,

Lindsay
Related