Stillbirth

Hi everyone

Im totally heartbroken and lost. I have to give birth to my baby girl tomorrow who sadly will never be coming  home with me. I went for my scan yesterday and was told there was no heartbeat. My fiance and I are devasted.   I had 2 previous miscarriages last year. Is it time to give up hope of another baby?

Clare

1 Reply

• Hi Clare,

I am so sorry for your loss. I truly understand your pain. My first pregnancy was a year ago and I also loss my baby boy at 20 weeks. I had a UTI and a weak cervix that I didn't know about until the day my water broke. It was the most difficult day of my life to know I had to give birth to a baby I couldn't bring home. I then got pregnant in Dec, which I was so happy about, and again I had a miscarriage very early. I went to for a scan at 7 weeks to see if we can see a heartbeat and the sac was empty. It was the week before Christmas. I spent the holidays bleeding everything out. It was another sad moment for me. I then got my first period in Feb and found out I was pregnant in March. I am now 28 weeks with a cerclage in place, on progesterone, and on bed rest. Please don't give up. It is easier said than done, but your time will come again that you will have your rainbow /miracle baby. Pray as much as you can. Keep a journal and write to your baby girl because she is now watching over you and will protect you on your next pregnancy. Prayers your way and hope you can slowly deal with this.
Related