New to Share? Say hello & introduce yourself!

225 Replies

• In reply to eburttr:

Welcome to Share. I am so sorry for your loss of your daughter. I am also a loss mom. My daughter was born at 26 weeks and passed away at 3 days old. I also didn't know I was in labor and also don't know whether IC caused the preterm labor or vice versa. I did make it to full term in my second pregnancy with precautions including 17P, a cerclage and bed rest.
    I am glad you found us here. Share is a wonderful place where people understand. I know you will find a lot of support here.
    I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
    Marissa
  • In reply to eburttr:

Hi,
    Welcome to Share. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Rebecca
  • We lost our daughter after 3 weeks in the NICU. She was born at 24.5 weeks due to Preterm Labor and IC (they are not sure which caused which) and placenta abruption after my contractions got worse and my water broke. She coded when she was born and was resuscitated but had level 3 and 4 brain bleeds and severe brain damage from the traumatic birth. She was such a little fighter but she was just too early. I cherish every moment I got to spend with her and hope that she helped pave the way for a little brother or sister in the future since I would not know about my cervix or preterm labor without her. I was SUPER active during my pregnancy (teaching fitness classes and working out) and I hope that next time 17p shots and staying off my feet will help us carry closer to full term as possible since before my level of activity may have made the IC and contractions worse. I had no idea I was having contractions because I did not know what contractions felt like and had been having them for weeks unknowingly, I thought it was just her moving around.
  • In reply to Faithangel:

Hi,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I too am an angel mom and that's exactly what you have to do at first is take it one day at a time. I was existing at one minute at a time when my son first died. We started supporting the March of Dimes as a way for our family to make difference in memory of our son. Hugs to you. Nicki
  • In reply to cristian421:

I'm so glad that Cristian had a good day! I'm happy to hear about his weight gain! My son was in the NICU for 3-1/2 months. The NICU is so stressful with all the ups and downs and not having your family together under one roof. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping for lots more good days.
    Hugs,
    Marissa
  • In reply to Hunter and Randi's Mom:

Cristian is doing great today...his oxygen was taken down to 3% and he has gained weight...hes now 2.9 and 14 ounces :) he is truly our miracle...just wishing I could bring him home and that is tough on all of us--thank you for the warm welcome
  • In reply to cristian421:

Welcome to Share and congratulations on the birth of your son Cristian! We are all here for you as you navigate the NICU journey. Please keep us posted when you can. I am looking forward to hearing more about your amazing son!
    Marissa
  • Hi everyone! My hubby and I welcomed our second son, Cristian into the world 21 April at 28W3D...we love him very much. I am so glad the nurses told me about this page...the NICU experience is rough but we know that we are blessed! I hope I can also offer support to other families
  • In reply to Shantinna:

Hi Shantinna. Welcome to Share! I am so happy to hear that Trey is doing well now. We are so grateful to the NICU doctors and nurses too - they are very special people.
    Marissa

Hi Chaunta. I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet Isaiah. Please know that we are all here for you as you grieve for your son. Many of us here on Share understand the pain of losing a child. You are not alone.
    Hugs,
    Marissa
  • In reply to rachelm321:

Hi Rachel. Welcome to Share! I am so happy to hear that Lennon is doing well now after her early start! Share is a great place to find support as you reflect on Lennon's NICU experience and it has also been a great resource for me for advice on preemie related issues as my son has gotten older. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.
    Marissa
  • Hi my name is Rachel and I am a mother of a beautiful baby girl named Lennon. She was born at 27 weeks on November 16, 2014 due to my severe preeclampsia. She weighed 1 pound 14.7 ounces and stayed at the NICU for a little over 2 months. Lennon is happy and healthy and weighs about 13 pounds now!

Welcome to Share Chaunta. I am sorry for the loss of your baby boy Isaiah. My heart just goes out to you. I hope that you are taking things slow and taking time for you. I found this site shortly after our loss and it's been so helpful in my journey. I hope that it can do the same for you.

Lindsay

• In reply to my angel jayleen:

Hello.  My name is Chaunta and I am new to share.  I am a 1st time mom who lost my Isaiah born at 27 weeks.  After 27 days in the NICU, we separated.  My life will forever be changed by his presence.  Hoping I can continue to make a difference and prepare for the next chapter in my life.  Taking it one day at a time...

Related