Welcome to Share!

Hello and Welcome to March of Dimes Share Your Story. Here you will find other parents who simply "get it", parents who have walked a similar path and understand the multitude of emotions you are feeling. Whether you are trying to come to terms with a new diagnosis, grieving the loss of a perfect pregnancy or grieving the loss of a child, we here on Share understand. We are here to answer your questions and offer emotional support. Please introduce yourself and feel free to ask questions. If you would like help navigating the site you can ask us or  view some video tutorials here:
http://share.marchofdimes.com/gallery/m/video_tutorials/video/ 

7 Replies

• In reply to Jami H:

Kasey - Welcome to Share and welcome little teddy to the world:) I'm so glad he is home and thriving.

I had pre-eclampsia with our late son who was born at 28w1d and scared to have it again with any future pregnancies. It sure was very scary.  

Please keep us posted on baby Teddy and how he is doing. Hoping the MOD and Share can bring you the comfort and support you need and we are here for you!

• In reply to KaseyBenLiamTeddy:

Hi Kasey.  Welcome to Share!  Congratulations on your son Teddy!  I am so glad that he is home with you now and healthy!  My older son was also a preemie and spent time in the NICU.  It is traumatizing to have a baby in the NICU and those feelings definitely linger after the baby comes home.  

I hope you will keep us posted on how you and Teddy are doing.  There are a lot of us here on Share who understand what you are going through and that the emotions don't just go away once your baby is home.

Thinking of you,

Marissa

Kasey, welcome to Share!

Congratulations on Teddy's birth. I had pre-eclampsia twice, and I remember how scary it was.  Having a baby in the NICU for 5 weeks and 1 day is quite an experience, and it was just a few months ago. Please be gentle with yourself and just feel the emotions as they come, even if it seems that everyone else is "over" the NICU stay.  I agree with Jami, you don't ever forget seeing your baby so small, or with the wires and tubes. My youngest son only spent 8 days in the NICU, and it was still tough.

We are here for you, to be with you on hard days, and to celebrate Teddy on great days. :) Being a part of the MOD Share your Story community has helped me tremendously.

We hope to "see" you in the forums and blogging!

Leigh

Kasey,

Welcome to Share. Congratulations on the birth of your sweet little boy. I know the feeling of having a premature baby and the emotions that follow. You are so right, it is as if the rest of the world keeps moving and we are still stuck searching for some sort of rhyme or reason as to why we had to live thru such an emotional roller coaster. As time goes on those feelings will fade but they will never completely go away. My 29 weeker is almost 13 years old and I still look at her and her and see that 3 pound baby in an incubator.

I hope that Share and the MOD bring you comfort and peace as well.

Hugs,

Jami

• Thank you for the welcome!    My son, Teddy was born on 09/19/2013 and weighed 3lbs 3oz.  I was 32 weeks pregnant and had pre eclampsia.

Teddy was in the NICU for 5 weeks and one day.  I am happy that he is home and healthy, but still feel a lot of emotions from the experience.  I feel like the world has moved on and I haven't.  

I am sure that being a part of the MOD community will help me.

Kasey

• In reply to Jami H:

Sending Hugs to those who will find themselves on SHARE.  

Samantha

• I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I joined Share in 2008 after my daughter Arianna Elaine passed away. She was a 23 week preemie and absolutely perfect in every way. I have given birth to 3 children all who were born prematurely. I also have another beautiful daughter born at exactly 40 weeks thanks to her birth mother. Share has helped me process the long lasting emotions of having a child in the NICU, the monumental grief I felt and still feel since losing my daughter as well as helped me navigate the very trying and emotional pregnancy that followed my daughters death.

Prematurity has stolen so many things from my family but Share Your Story has helped me navigate every single new journey. I have met some of the most important people in my life through Share and consider them to be my family. I hope that you will find comfort, information and support here on Share just like I have. Please reach out if you need anything.

Sending all of you hugs and comforting thoughts as you learn to navigate your "new normal".

Jami

Related