Mentally Drained!!!

I've been dealing with this sick child of mine for 4 months. I'm just overwhelmed and don't feel like I'm understood. Its really starting to get me down. I have no one to talk to or anyone that just hugs me and says everything is going to be alright. All the ppl that were around in the beginning are gone now. IM ALONE, AND ITS ALL MY FAULT.

2 Replies

• Hello. I'm sorry you're feeling so alone. I wish I could do more than offer virtual hugs. But please know that we here at Share are here to walk this journey with you each step of the way. Have you thought about reaching out to your daughter's NICU nurse or case manager? I'm sure her case manager would sit with you and talk about how you're feeling and help you find healthy coping strategies. Having a baby in the NICU is very overwhelming for any parent. It's completely normal to be mentally exhausted.
    Please know that we are here for you in any way that we can be.
    One day at a time.

Hugs
    Karri
  • Hi again, I am so very sorry that you find yourself deal with this all alone, in the literal sense. Please know that while we at Share can only offer virtual hugs, we are still here. I can't imagine that anything is actually your fault. No one can understand how you feel unless they have been in your place. It might be helpful to have a blog space here where you can vent on a daily basis so that you can get your feelings out and help you to move forward and be there for your little one. So many of us understand what it is to have a baby in the NICU for a long time. We are here for you.
    Love and Hugs
    Brandi
Related