My micro preemie

Anyone out there who had a micro preemie?

My son was born at 380 grams which was 13oz.

He is in the nicu, on day 37 now and up to 1lb 11oz. He's already on the NIPPV and on 17ml of milk and 24 calories. Has had about no major issues since he was admitted. It's amazing how well he's doing with how small he is.

8 Replies

• My little guy was born at 27 weeks and 2lbs 14 oz, but shortly dropped in weight after birth. He's now been in the NICU 6 weeks and is 4lbs 10oz now :) Once they start pumping the feeds they grow SO fast!
  • In reply to Aubs88:

I had a micro preemie too. 25 weeks at 1pound 14 ounces. He's 5 years old and doing well. Congratulations on the birth of your son. It can be overwhelming to be in the hospital and deal with the struggles that brings. Good luck on getting your sweet boy plump and breathing on his own!
    Cassie
  • In reply to Karri:

I don't have experience with a surviving micropreemie, but I want to wish you and your son all the best.

Erin
  • In reply to Karri:

He's up to 2lbs 2oz as of last night! He's getting stronger and bigger everyday. Preemies are such fighters and it's amazing what they go thru
  • Welcome to Share and congratulations on your son! I'm glad to read that he's gaining and growing. I hope that the NICU staff is keeping you well informed and involving you in his care as much as possible. As you know, even the littlest of bonding moments are so special:) I hope to read more updates as you travel this journey.

Hugs,

Lindsay
  • Hello and Welcome to Share. Congrats on your amazing little fighter. Many of the moms on this site are proud parents of Micro Preemie NICU graduates! It is amazing how dynamite can come in such tiny packages! Keep us updated on his and your NICU journey when you can.
    Love and Hugs
    Brandi
  • Hello! Welcome to Share and congratulations on the birth of your son. I'm happy to hear he's doing so well! He sounds like a warrior.
    I'm a micro-preemie mom too. My twin girls born at 25 weeks. Today they are 16 years old and just finished their sophomore year in HS.
    We love hearing about these little fighters progress and look forward to your updates on your son.
    Thank you for sharing your story!
    ~Karri
Related