NICU Graduate - Keep hope alive!!

I had my son @ 27 weeks, 1 day due to preeclampsia and HELLP and he spent 86 days in the NICU. Those 86 days felt like an eternity, but when I look back now - having been home with him just over a month now - that time was so very special! I got to bond with him for more than just the normal 6-8 weeks of maternity leave. I got to truly know my son - his likes and dislikes. While I would have rather him spent those 86 days still inside me - I'm blessed that he is home, healthy and thriving!

If you have a little one in the NICU now - keep your head up, stay as positive as possible but allow yourself the bad days too. It may feel like forever, but it goes fast.

1 Reply

• Sometimes, looking on the bright side is all you can do, We cannot always control what happens to us but we can control our attitude, to a certain extent. I think when your child is in situation you did not plan for you have to assume a role of motherhood that you never planned for either. So very happy the little guy is home and doing so well!!!
Related