25 weeks early

My daughter came into this world on July 16th weighing 1 pound and 87 ozs (25 weeks early). Nothing was wrong with either one of us, but she was ready to come out. I was scared when the doctors told me that she would be coming out this early and she will be premature. I wanted to cry so bad but I had to be strong for her and my boyfriend. I saw her for the first time and I just wanted to break down seeing tubes, cords, hearing beeping noises and everything else. I knew they had to transfer her to the best hospital in Chicago so they would be able to care for her. It was hard not even able to take her home after being discharged. I fell in love all over again with just seeing this tiny person who is my daughter. 

They transferred her to the other hospital and let me tell you, it is so hard going into the NICU seeing my child like that. Not able to hold her and keep her close is tearing me apart. I was able to talk to her and she looked at me like mommy I know its you. She is a fighter and even though it has only been a few days so far, she is improving and I hope it stays like that. 

I just want her to be home with us. I can't stop crying and thinking about her. I know she can get through it. 

I just don't want to go into depression. I'm just scared. 

I need advice on how to coup with this!!!

I appreciate it. 

1 Reply

• Hi. Just catching up on your post. I hope your daughter is doing okay in the NICU. My son was a 26 weeker. It is so stressful to have a baby in the NICU. We are here for you if you have questions or just need to vent. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
    Marissa
Related