Newborn Twins 28 weeks, now 34 weeks today

Let me start of by saying that this is not like me. I'm not a social media guy and never really participated in many forum settings. I just want to say that my wife is THE BEST MOTHER and she dedicates her life to our family of 4...3 boys and 1 girl. We have a 17 y/o, 5 y/o, and 34 week boy and girl. It's been the second time we've gone through this. Our now 5 y/o was a 31 weeker and put us through an experience that I'll never forget...and now we are going through it again X2! They are doing fine and meeting their goals for discharge, but it' been very hard on us. I just want to say how awesome our NICU nurses are, how amazing my wife is, and that I FEEL for everyone on this site! Stay strong and remember that this is only a moment in time! It will pass and everything happens for a reason.

-Josh

3 Replies

• Hi! It's great to hear from a Dad. Thank you for sharing your family journey with us here at Share. Congratulations on your new arrivals. I'm glad to hear that they're doing well despite their early arrival and NICU stay. My twin girls were born at 25 weeks in 2001. Today they're 16 and about to start their junior year in HS.

Again thank you for sharing your story. I hope that you will come back and update us on how your twins are doing.
    All the best,
    Karri
  • Hello Josh,
    Welcome to Share! Congratulations on the newest additions to your family! I'm glad that your NICU staying is having more ups than downs and that you have wonderful people helping them grow big and strong! We would love to stay updated on the twins and their progress.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us!
    Love and Hugs
    Brandi
  • Hello Josh, welcome to Share. Congratulations on the birth of your boy/girl twins! I am so glad to read that your wife and the twins are doing well. Yep, sounds like you have the jargon down alright. I hope they keep on meeting their goals and that you can take them both home (together if possible) when they are ready. We love to see Dads on the site. I can just picture your twins wearing little blue and pink firefighter helmets like their Dad with a caption reading "We've extinguished the NICU."

Best wishes to you and your family,

Lindsay
Related