Fear of Getting Sick

Hi All! My baby was born at 26 weeks and in still in the NICU.  I just started going back to work, and it seems like everyone is sick here!  Three people that I work with are out sick, and I just want to curl up in a little bubble and go home.

I want to see my baby every day, but am terrified of accidentally getting her sick, because I could have something and not know.

Anyone have any tips or ideas?  I'm handwashing and using hand sanitizer over here until my hands are cracking and raw.

2 Replies

• Hello & welcome! Congrats on your baby girl! I hope that you find yourself at home with her instead of visiting her at the NICU as soon as you can. One of the best ways to stay healthy is to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. I have found that good old Vitamin C, sunlight and green tea help a lot in lifting spirits and helping you boost your immune system. Sending you lots of positive and healthy thoughts.
    Love and Hugs
    Brandi
  • Congratulations on the birth of your little one! I hope that your little person meets his/her NICU goals, so that you can all be home together soon. It sounds like you're doing everything you possibly can to keep the potential sickness away. I'm sure that you are well aware already, but do stay hydrated, drink hot tea at the slightest tickle in your throat, wash anything you touch frequently if you can, and you can always opt to wear a mask too at NICU visits. Wipe down your work space, (cell) phone, and anything else you touch and anything shared at work. Fresh air helps too, so get out of that office at breaks and at lunch. I understand the worry and it is very real.

Thinking of you,

Lindsay
Related