So lost

Exactly a week ago i had an emergency csection due to placental abruption at 29 weeks. Our baby girl did not make it and we just layed her to rest two days ago.  Im a mess i cant deal and i miss her sooooo much.  Has anyone gone through this? Does it ever get better?

3 Replies

• Hello and welcome. I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby girl. I lost my daughter 10 years ago due to the birth defect Trisomy 18. We get it and you are not alone. It might help you to blog about your feelings. Wishing you so much peace.
    Love and Hugs
    Brandi
  • I am so sorry for your loss. My son died died 5 years ago at 2 weeks. It was the hardest, most devastating thing I have ever went through and the journey has been a long one. It's hard and you just have to to take it one day at a time. There were moments after my son's funeral that I was taking it one day at a time. Give yourself time to be sad and be easy on yourself. I found the first year to be the hardest just learning how to live this "new normal" I also found counseling to really help me. This site was also my saving grace findig others who unfortunately know what it is like. Many hugs. Nicki
  • Welcome to Share. I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your baby girl. My heart breaks for you knowing there is another family enduring this kind of pain. I lost a son at 30 weeks also due to a placental abruption. That was over 8 years ago. I do not know if it ever really gets "better," but somehow with time, one learns to embrace the pain, understand the triggers, and welcome the tears when they come. For me, it is still such a release to get them out. I found this site shortly after our loss and it has been a wonderful and safe place to share my thoughts and feelings. It is SO hard to re-imagine a life without her. Please be easy on yourself and know that many here understand.

Thinking of you,

Lindsay
Related