double whammy part two

The worse part about my grief is seeing all of the other mommies and daddies pregnant or with kiddos running around knowing that wont ever be me in the natural sense. I cant tell my heart that though. That desire doesnt fade just because I had a hysterectomy and lost Caleb.

2 Replies

• In reply to Kcak:

I, too, understand the intense pain and longing of watching others have what we so desperately want after a loss. I lost twin boys in March 2007, and I remember wanting to fall apart when I saw pregnant bellies, and little boys who were about the age mine woukd have been.

Be gentle to yourself, and take it day by day.

Many hugs to you.

Erin
  • I'm so sorry for both of your losses; your precious Caleb and your uterus :'( I agree with you. My cousin and I were due 2wks apart. So when I had my third daughter at 28wks in April 2017 and she passed five days later, it was very difficult to be around my cousin who was still very pregnant and ended up giving birth on her due date to a healthy baby girl. We were always close and I see her every week and it is still hard at times to be around her and her baby because it reminds me of my daughters who passed. I also had twins on 5/25/16 who passed at 2 days old and 11 days old. You can read the story on my profile if you'd like. However, please know that we are here for you and you are not alone. Be gentle on yourself and allow yourself to find what helps you heal. Writing on Share and music helps me. Sending you lots of love, hope, and hugs. -Kai
Related