How do you cope after losing a baby

I lost my baby girl at 26 weeks, went in for an ultrasound and they found no heartbeat. Had to deliver still birth, doctor said they umbilical cord had a marginal insertion to the side of the placenta. I am devastated , broken, lost. Its been a month today and had my follow up apt with my doctor who asked me "So what are your plans are you going to try again? " your perfectly healthy". I don't think another baby will ever replace her. I didn't want another baby I wanted her. I must admit the thought of another pregnancy scares me, but I don't want to give up my hopes, its probably too soon as I told the doctor, but I don't want to close that door, I need to heal .... How do you cope? How to you begin to heal? what helps? ..........

2 Replies

• Hello and welcome. I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby girl. I lost my daughter 11 years ago, due to Trisomy 18. I can't say there is one single thing that makes it better. No matter what, be kind to yourself. Allow yourself to grieve for the baby you wanted. I found comfort in working on a scrapbook, joining March for Babies, donating to a local NICU, and then sometimes just drinking wine alone and zoning out to the TV or computer. Also, know that you are not alone in this, unfortunately, so many of us understand your loss and we are here for you.
    Love and Hugs
    Brandi
  • Welcome to Share. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter almost 12 years ago. Finding Share helped me cope. It gave me a place to vent. A safe place. I spent years blogging. Please know you are not alone. Many of us here have walked a similar path. Sending you a million hugs.

Samantha
Related