Best and worse day

On Friday Aug 17. After being hospitalized on bed rest I went into labor at 22 weeks. My son was born and a few hours later died. My heart hurts so bad. I had 2 prior miscarriages and then for this to happen. I don’t know what  I do or how to feel any more.

3 Replies

• Hello and Welcome. I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby boy. I lost my daughter to Trisomy 18, 11 years ago. I can relate to almost feeling numb yet in pain, but mostly just lost in my own grief. I couldn't imagine what happened, until it happened to me. Please know that you can feel however you need to, just keep taking one moment, one breath at a time. You are not alone in this journey.
    Love and Hugs
    Brandi
  • In reply to ethan&casey's mom:

Hello, I am so sorry for your losses. Know you are not alone. I too have had 3 miscarriages and just a month ago gave birth to our daughter at 25 weeks 2 days. She was stillborn. The grief does get a little easier to bear with time. We will survive this. It was not our fault. Shitty things happen to good people. (That phrase has surprisingly helped me get through the day). Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Hello, and welcone to Share. My heart goes out to you on the loss of your precious baby. I, too, am a loss mom to twin boys who were born early at 22w5d and passed in March 2007.

This is a journey no parent should ever have to walk ... ever. But far too many of us have.

These early days are the worst, but I promise that you will get through them. Be kind to yourself, remember to breathe, and grieve how you need to grieve.

Please check in again and let us know how you are. And when you are up to it, consider starting a blog so that you can receive even more support.

We at Share are here to walk this journey with you.

Erin
Related