Hello fellow angel Mommas,
My name is Val. I went into premature labor at 24 weeks 6 days. I had been really uncomfortable the night before and thought I needed to go to the bathroom. Well the next day it was still bad so I called the doctor on call. She told me I probably just needed to have a BM but if it would make me feel better I could come in. My husband and I went in just to get checked out. They never actually checked me until I started bleeding (the doctor was in a c-section when I got to the hospital). They gave me the steroid shots and magnesium to stop the contractions. It didn’t work and I was 10cm just a couple hours later. She was still breach so they did an emergency c-section. Our beautiful daughter, Charlie, was born on April 14,2018 weighing 1lb 9.4oz and 12.21” long. She was intubated due to her lungs being underdeveloped, but the team said everything else looked good. She was doing great, but on her 4th day here she suddenly took a turn for the worse. Basically her heart gave out and they were not able to resuscitate her. We had her for 4 days and then the Lord called her home. She is my first biological child and now I fear to try again. After seeing a specialist we were told I have an incompitant cervix and that why I went into labor and displayed so quickly. I also have a bicornuate uterus. The doctor said if we decide to try again I would have a cerclage and the shots. She gave us a 50-70% chance of making it to 36weeks. They would do a cesarean at 36 weeks due to the way they cut me inside during the emergency.
Just looking for some fellow Mommas to lean on and possibly some advice. Thank you for taking the time to read this.