The Loss of My Daughter

On April 17, 2010 my water broke. I was 17 weeks pregnant. I carried my daughter, Emelia Faye for 12 weeks in bed rest until my placenta abrupted. She was 1 pound 10 ounces. She didn’t have lung development and lived exactly 1 week. I had to take her off of life support. And I held her as she passed back into the Hands of GOD. I haven’t been able to get over that tragedy. You never really truly move on. She was a beautiful little girl and now she is my beautiful little angel.

2 Replies

• In reply to LauraGordillo:

Hello and welcome to Share. I sm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter.

You are right ... you don't move on from a loss ... you learn to move forward.

Many hugs to you as you walk this journey. We are here for you.

Erin
  • Hi , welcome to Share. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet little girl. Emelia Faye is such a beautiful name <3 I'm happy you found Share and we will all help you through this journey. March of Dimes also offers the free booklet "From hurt to healing" that has information and resources for grieving parents. www.marchofdimes.org/.../bereavement-kit-form.aspx

I hope you find comfort and love here on Share like so many others have. You're not alone - we're here for you! Sending lots of love to you and your family <3
Related