My Heart Broke Twice

Hello, I’m Amanda & I’m 29 years old. I conceived my twins march 17, 2018. At first I didn’t know I had twins until I was 6 weeks. At 9 weeks baby1 was no longer there. Later on I found out I was having a girl. On November 21, 2018 I found out a good friend of mine had passed away due to a motorcycle accident. I was so devastated. And that same night was the last time I felt my daughter move. On November 25, my daughter was born sleeping so peacefully with the cord wrapped around her neck twice. I was 37 weeks. This was my first pregnancy, first child, first love. I am so hurt, angry, emotional all the time, & depressed. I feel like my doctor was not doing his job fully throughout my pregnancy & he tried to say it was my fault that my daughter died. I felt like I was alone, I never really heard of a baby being born “sleeping”, until I joined a few support groups on Facebook, and there are over thousands of women who are in the same boat as me. I joined march of dimes so I can share my story, so I can speak on behalf of my daughter. Her name IS Amelia Marie Figueroa, and she is my angel.

1 Reply

• Welcome to Share, Amanda. I'm so sorry for the loss of your babies and your dear friend. Thank you for sharing your story with us. You're right... you're not alone. I'm happy you joined support groups. I believe it's important to have a strong support system around you. And no, this was not your fault! I'm sorry he said that to you.

Last year, we launched our Wall of Remembrance, a safe space for families and loved ones to pay tribute to their little ones gone too soon. If you feel comfortable, you can share a memorial for your babies at marchofdimes.org/remembrancewall.

My heart is with you and your family. I'm giving you a big virtual hug! I hope you'll keep us updated through your journey and keep blogging about your experience. Thank you again for sharing Amelia with us <3
Related