Still in a daze

In January me and my husband found out we were pregnant and we felt like we were on top of the world.....we told everyone.....friends, family......pretty much anyone that would listen! Then we went for the 8 week ultrasound on a Thursday and everything was fine baby had a strong heartbeat of 160 and then less then 24 hours later on the second ultrasound they couldn't find a heartbeat. Then the next week for a repeat ultrasound still no heartbeat and then confirmed miscarriage. On March 1st the miscarriage truly started and on March 3rd I passed baby A and March 2nd I passed baby B. It wasnt until after it was all over that we found out we were pregnant with twins. It's been just over 3 weeks since we had to say goodbye to our little ones and I still dont know how to deal with this. I still dont know how to feel. Is it ok to miss them or wonder who they would have been?

1 Reply

• I'm so so sorry for your loss. It is absolutely..and I mean ABSOLUTELY ok, and normal, to miss them and to also not know how to feel. In October 2016, I had a miscarriage, and then last March I lost my son after he spent 2 weeks in the NICU. We may not grieve the same, but I dare to say that I know how you feel. From the moment you find out you're having a baby, they become your whole world, and losing them is losing so much of yourself. No one can ever or should ever tell you how to cope. There's no right way or wrong way. But I think being on here and reaching out to others is one way of dealing with it. I didn't do that, and I think it made it harder because I felt like there was no one else who could ever understand. But you're not alone. It's been a year since my loss of my son, and almost three with my miscarriage. I still grieve, I still wonder. I don't think that will ever stop.But in time, I promise you just as others promised me, you will heal. You never forget, it will forever be a part of you, but you will get through this. I didn't believe it then, but I do now and I hope that you find a little bit of peace and comfort each and every day.
Related