We're glad you're here. Connect with other parents and parents-to-be, ask questions and join the conversation.
June 2015, I was 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my daughter when I experienced strong contractions and had to rush to the ER. There the doctor told me that I was about to have her and she would not survive. I was unable to move when they admitted me, the doctor broke my water bag, I was bleeding and had bulging membranes. It was extremely hard for my husband and I to go through that loss.
I am currently 19 weeks and 6 days pregnant with a girl. Because I did experience two miscarriages (1st one in 2013), I found a High Risk Doctor in my area and provided my pregnancy history. I went in every week for ultra sound check and did routine blood work. At 15 weeks the doctor saw that I was funneling and cervix measured at 2.3 cm. Immediately, I was schedule to get cerclage.
The procedure took about 12 mins. I waited about 2 hours to recover from the anesthesia. Doctor told me no intercourse, placed me on strict bedrest and prescribed me Makena injections to be taken every week . The only time I get up is to use the bathroom, get something to eat and go to doctor appointments; fortunately I was able to get a home nurse to give the Makena shots.
Throughout the entire pregnancy, I have been experiencing lots of pain when I try to get a comfortable position to sleep or walk. The pain is consistent in my pelvic area where it feels like a lot of pressure. I do not take any pain medication for this because the doctor said it's baby getting bigger which causes my bones to move around making space for the baby.
My next pre-natal appointment is Monday, I will be 20 weeks. I do pray I make it to 3rd trimester with a healthy baby girl.
In reply to Ambitiousclaire:
Im glad to see someone going through the same situation as me. On May 25, 2017, I went into the ER due to vomiting, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain & brown blood. The doctor did a pelvic exam and found that I was 3 cm dilated with bulging membranes. I was told termination was the only option.
I have PCOS, this is my 1st baby so I refused to terminate him, demanded a 2nd opinion & was transported to a high risk hospital where a cerclage was performed that Saturday. So far everything is going good. I had a few small blood clots, today had made a week since the surgery and today I had no site of blood clots.
I did have a little pressure but has since minimized. My doctor has prescribed me intravaginal progesterone which seems to be helping. Im making sure to say hydrated which is very important.
I wish you that best hun. You will make it to full term, pray on the situation & let go of it, god will handle it. This is definitely not an easy situation to deal with but pray, pray, pray!
We help moms have full-term pregnancies and healthy babies. And if something goes wrong, we offer information and comfort to families. We research the problems that threaten our babies and work on preventing them.
© Privacy, terms and notices