Just a question

Last summer I had a miscarriage and it was my first pregnancy. I just found out I was pregnant 4 days ago and I'm really scared that this one won't make it either. My last period only lasted two days long and it wasn't super light but it was lighter than a normal period. Could that have been implantation bleeding? My period before that was normal, and I didn't really pay attention of the last period was early or late. Also, I don't know all the acronyms for the terms in pregnancy so please reply in first-time preggers language Geeked 

3 Replies

• HI AngieRee, I hope everything went well. However there is a difference between a period and implantation bleeding. I realized you posted this question from 2014 and I trust you carried well. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. That doesn't ever have to happen again. See link below to note the difference between a period and implantation bleeding.

menstrual-cycle-calculator.com/.../
  • I am so sorry about your miscarriage.  Congratulations on your pregnancy! I know how scary it is to be pregnant after a loss.  I agree with Leigh about trying to get in to see your doctor soon to hopefully give you a little peace of mind and also get a plan in place for this pregnancy.  Also you can tell them you are not sure how far along you are since your last period may not have been a true period.

Thinking of you,

Marissa

• Hi and welcome to Share.

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage, and congrats on expecting another baby!

I am not sure about the bleeding, have you scheduled an appointment with your OB? In general, OBs don't see you until about 8 or 12 weeks, but you can explain to the nurse that you had a miscarriage last year and you want to check your blood levels to make sure that your hormone levels are increasing as they should for a pregnant woman.  

They may or may not go along with this, I know that with my second pregnancy, my initial blood test was positive, but then the hormone numbers never increased.  Sorry, I don't know the actual hormone name! So then 6 weeks later when my home pregnancy test was positive, the nurse understood my worries and let me come in for three blood tests to check that the numbers were doubling.

Good luck,

Leigh

Related