Awareness Fundraiser

I've always been an activist  for causes that have touched me and those close to me. Even after my diagnosis at age 16 with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I still walked as far as,I could for as long as I could. In 1989 I married the love of my life who happened to have Cystic Fibrosis. We adopted our amazing son in Feb 1995. He was 18 mths old and had been born to a drug addicted mother  just 20 weeks into her pregnancy. Josh weighed in at 1lb 9 oz. Sadly, his twin survived just over a week.

I won't bore you with additional details you can see in my profile.

In 2005, my husband lost his fight with Cystic Fibrosis.  Josh now walks each year to support "65 Roses". In 2006, I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE and Fibromyalgia. Those coupled with the Rheumatoid Arthritis I'd had 26 years already, it became impossible to walk the walk-A-Thons anymore  but I still feel a desire and responsibility to support the causes that have touched and supported my family for so many years. Sooooooo, I put my creative mind to work and learned about an amazing company called Jamberry Nails. (You can learn all about them, what makes their nail wraps, lacquers and other products unique to other similar products by visiting my website at ddoherty.jamberrynails.net. I designed some nail wraps for my friends with Lupus, which they proudly wore on their walk.

Not all the products are custom. We have hundreds of adorable wraps for girls and adults (see our Mommy and Me line!). A lot of celebrities have been seen wearing our wraps on the Red Carpet (ask if you'd like to see them and I'll send you pics).

The fun thing about being able to customize your wraps is aside from Trademark infringements, the only limitation is your creativity!  You can create your own or ask me to do it for you.

I designed a line for March of Dimes that are adorable!  I can further customize them with your child's name, weight, etc.   I haven't figured out how to post a picture of them here, but if you'd like to see them, send me a PM and I'd be happy to e-mail them to you.

Let's get the word out and the money IN!  

~D

Related