What are you doing for the upcoming Prematurity Awareness Month?

November is Prematurity Awareness Month. Maybe you are visiting a NICU, holding a walk, wearing purple, posting on Facebook or Twitter, attending a conference, or lighting a candle. Whatever it is, we want to know: do you have any special plans in honor of this month?  What are they? 

6 Replies

• I work at the March of Dimes in the National Capital Area. We are scheduling our "Days of Gratitude" to visit local delivering hospitals -- to thank our Nurses and Doctors by bringing them goodies. These visits will take place throughout November and we would love to have families join us. I am sure the other local chapters are doing the same -- so if you are interested, you should definitely reach out. :)
  • Yes I am posting on Facebook daily to raise awareness for prematurity and March of Dimes. I am also planning a wear Purple day at work on the 17th for Prematurity Day. I would love to go visit the NICU as well.
  • I'm going to wear purple on November 17th. Plus, during the course of Prematurity Awareness Month, I send out Facebook posts and tweets about prematurity and the month.
  • You bet I do! I am going to do a See's candies fundraiser again to try and get some of the holiday dollars early. Candy always makes a great hostess gift or little treat for teachers and therapists or as stocking stuffers too. There are different price points, so it gives people choices. I try to throw in a little incentive too for buying #'s, etc. My oldest preemie is turning 10 in November as well. It's going to be huge! My b-day is also in November, so I'll probably be treating myself to loads of chocolate too (stock up for the harder days). My grandfather's birthday was November 1st, so he'll be on my mind as we kickoff the upcoming month.

Hugs,

Lindsay
  • I will wear purple, share my knowledge and light a candle.
Related