- Literally going down to the floor and crying on 12/11/10 when I saw the 2 pink lines on the pregnancy test
- Having hope all over again that I would get another chance at having a baby
- Watching my belly grow and hoping, praying that the baby inside me would be healthy
- The 20 week ultrasound...waiting minutes (which felt like an eternity) for the perinatologist to review the u/s and finally telling us that as far as he could tell, the baby was healthy
- Sitting at my table in tears of hope and fear after having marked our calendar on August 12, 2011 as "Little Foot's Due Date" - such a huge risk in my eyes - how would I be able to flip the calendar to that page something had gone wrong and we lost her? But yet wanting so badly to believe that she would indeed make it
- Taking in every single kick, punch and hiccup - signs of life
- Painfully nodding my head 'yes' many times when random strangers asked me - most often multiple times a day - if this was my first - a dagger going through my heart each time - telling Marco that I loved him and thanking him for watching over us - and sharing his story at times when I felt I could
- Holding a perfect, adorable newborn size onesie over my belly thinking to myself that it was almost too good to be true and not being able to fully accept that she would arrive unharmed and would wear that onesie
- Telling the pediatric nurse through tears in the OR the day she was born, "Now Kipenda, I know that all babies are special, but this baby is very special" - as if to say - do EVERYTHING in your humanly power to protect this baby when she is delivered
- The most beautiful sound I had ever heard - her cry - life
- The sound in Bruno's voice when I asked him in the OR how she was doing - "GREAT", he responded - and it wasn't so much what he said - it was how he said it
Lucia Elizabeth...our miracle. She has graced us with her life and filled our hearts with more joy and healing than our wildest dreams could have imagined. She turned 2 on 8/2, and I almost can't believe it. It sounds so cliché, but time has flown faster than I ever suspected it would. I am aware every day just at how much of a gift she is. I can't really put it into words.
We celebrated with a group of friends and family on 8/3. We had so much food that Bruno joked he felt like we were catering a wedding - ha! It was a large celebration, but a very worthy one.
Here's to you my little ray of light, Lucia. Thank you for bringing light to our lives and being the amazing and mighty little one that you are. We love you more than you'll ever know.
Marco, I know you were with us in a very special way on Lucia's birthday. Your Aunt Lisa told me she thought of you when she watched Lucia blow out her candles...feeling your presence.
Happy Birthday sweet Lucia!! I can't believe you are already two?! It seems just yesterday we were all patiently awaiting your arrival.
Many hugs Libby! And hugs to Aunt Lisa.... so special when others recognize the beautiful place the older sibs play in our lives.
Happy birthday Lucia! I always love reading your posts, I can really tell what a great mom you are to both of your children. I can't wait to see you again at SU! What a beautiful little girl. :)
Muy feliz cumpleaños Lucia!! Already 2? Time is flying.... She truly is a blessing and a very special girl with a very special mom..
I was thinking of Lucia on her birthday! She and Mr. T share such a special day indeed. Happy turning 2 to Lucia! She is so adorable Libby and that birthday cupcake looks oh so delicious:) Can't wait to see you at SU!
Aw Libby - I smile and my heart just melts every time I see photos of your girl, and hear her name. Such a precious, beautiful girl. Happy Birthday Lucia!!
Sending hugs. I wish time would just slow down....all these babies are just growing up too quickly!
Happy Belated Birthday to your sweet girl! Those two years totally flew by!
The bad thing is, as they get older it just seems to go faster...enjoy her being little while it lasts!
March of Dimes fights for the health of all moms and babies. We're advocating for policies to protect them. We're working to radically improve the health care they receive. We're pioneering research to find solutions. We're empowering families with the knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we're building a brighter future for us all.
Privacy, Terms, and Notices
© Privacy, terms and notices