I am officially the mommy of a 9 year old.... where has the time gone????
9 years ago Jadon arrived into this world 5 1/2 weeks early! He had the cord wrapped around his next three times, was completely blue, and barely breathing. It was a very scary time for us all. I was a first time mom and I never imagined that he would arrive early, we were not prepared. He was born at 2:12 am and swept off to the NICU. I couldn't see him again until later that day. I was not prepared for what I would see in the NICU. He was being assisted in his breathing and tubes everywhere! I'll never forget the day I walked out of that hospital leaving him behind. I felt empty, 3 days ago there was a baby in my belly and here I was walking out t of the hospital empty. My MIL and FIL took us grab dinner on the way home. I was sitting in the restaurant in a daze. I also knew we had a huge hurricane heading straight for us. That night we went back to the hospital and slept in a waiting room outside of the L&D floor. We had damage to our car, our home, and the though of bringing Jadon home was scary. Jadon was released at 7 days old, we came home to no power and I had to pack up my baby and all his stuff and got to my grandfathers house. There we lived for a week. Jadon first month of life he spent about a week at home. Shortly after getting our power back and getting home another big hurricane was coming. To keep Jadon safe our family put Jadon and I on a plane and sent us to Memphis to be with my grandmother. There was still a lot of junk left on the ground from the first hurricane and that causes more concern when another hurricane is coming. I sat in Memphis and watched this huge storm pound down on my home. Praying that Jadon and I would come home and that there would be something to come home to. It was a very scary time for us. I dont think I was able to really enjoy the first month of his life.
So thankful that since those months I have enjoyed every second of being his mommy!
10 things about Jadon
1. He loves his baby brother AND his sister.
2. He is very intuitive, asks a lot of questions and WANTS all the answers.
3. He is a whole hearted little boy! He thinks about others more often than most kids at his age.
4. He is harder on himself when he messes up (like getting a question wrong) than I or the teacher ever would be.
5. He is very smart, often time smarter than I give him credit for.
6. HE can work and iPad or iPhone better than most adults.
7. He is very creative,he loves to build with lego and he Loves minecraft because of that reason
8. He is a great helper with his brother but sometimes forgets he cant he to rough.
9. He is stronger than I ever knew, he was bullied bad this year and he handled it amazing, considering I was ready to go lose it on a few kids.
10. He is a very special child and I am so blessed to have been chosen to be his mom!
HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY JADON! MOMMY LOVES YOU SO MUCH!
What a little miracle!! He's such a little sweetheart, I can't believe he's already nine years old!! Seems like he was just five yesterday!
Thanks for sharing Jadon with us! He is quite the handsome young man.
Love ya, Sam!
Happy birthday sweetheart!! You're amazing, and it's been a joy to watch you grow!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADON!!!!
I can't believe how fast time is flying by!
Happy Birthday Jadon. He really is such an amazing kid. I feel so blessed to be able to watch him grow into such an amazing young man.
March of Dimes fights for the health of all moms and babies. We're advocating for policies to protect them. We're working to radically improve the health care they receive. We're pioneering research to find solutions. We're empowering families with the knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we're building a brighter future for us all.
Privacy, Terms, and Notices
© Privacy, terms and notices