Hello

Hi Everyone! My name is Jen, and I'm pregnant with my first child. I am currently hospitalized at 28 weeks, 4 days, and can deliver at any time. Our son, Benjamin, has been diagnosed with hydrops, fluid around his lungs. We are praying for a miracle. Whenever he is born, he will be in the NICU and require the liquid to be drained, as well as other intervention. They do daily ultrasounds right now to determine if he is getting worse or staying the same. As long as the hydrops don't get worse, or expand to more areas of his body, we'll be in the hospital with daily monitoring. I am praying we can make it a few more weeks, to increase his chance of survival. Luckily, his heart has been great and he moves around like crazy. Wondering if anyone else has had experience with anything like this? 

4 Replies

• In reply to Hydropsmummy:

Hi! We delivered at 29+2 and right now Benny is doing okay!
  • In reply to lvazquez:

Hi, I don't know if this poet is still active. I am currently in the same situation you was in. I have the threat of preterm labour as I have more amniotic fluid than I should and my little wriggles is Hydropic, mild pleural effusion and skin edema. I am 29 weeks tomorrow and she is still fighting. I have had this happen to me twice before one in 07 she died in utero two days before 28 weeks and I delivered at 28 weeks, and in 09 when my placenta broke and she died at 24 weeks and 1 day during birth. How is your little one now? How far was u able to get to before delivery? Thanks jo
  • Hello and Welcome. While I do not have your experience, I just wanted to say hi and offer my support. I know that bed rest can make you feel anxious and helpless because all you can do is be there. Sending you so much support and strength for you and your son.
    Love and HUgs
    Brandi
  • Hi Jen, welcome to Share. I know it's no fun, but you're at the best place and in the most capable of hands. I know you must have all sorts of thoughts running around in your head and you're doing you're best to stay as calm as possible. I don't have experience with hydrops, but I can so relate to being there at the hospital, trying to buy time, and silently worrying. Continue to take it just one day, one update at a time. Benjamin knows you're doing everything you can do to keep him inside a bit longer.

Sending love and hugs,

Lindsay
Related