The NICU blues

Hi everyone, My daughter Riley was born june 13, 2018. I had severe preeclampsia. She was born at 26 weeks weighing 1lb 2oz. She is doing so well. They aren't kidding when they say time in the NICU is a rollercoaster. Seems like we take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Riley is an IUGR baby. She is now 36 weeks and weighing 3lb 3oz. She has come a long way and she is making great progress! I am very proud of how well shes done. Shes not in an open crib just yet. But she has reached 8 POs a day! Its so amazing how great she does breastfeeding. Such a strong little girl. After 2 months in the NICU i think we are both exhausted and ready to go home. It seems like we are sooo close but not quite there yet!

3 Replies

• Hi, thank you for sharing. It warms me to know that I am not alone in what I have been going through. I just gave birth two months ago to a beautiful baby boy. He is 34 weeks now and 4 lb 7.6oz; I am happy for his progress, he should be coming home soon. I see you posted this a year ago, So if you could I'd like to know how your daughter is doing now just so I can have an idea of what to expect when my son finally comes home.
  • Welcome to Share and thank you for sharing Riley with us. It's great to hear how well she's doing despite such an early and difficult start. I hope she's home with you soon.
    We love to celebrate homecomings for our NICU miracles so I hope you come back and share that with all of us here.

All the best,
    Karri
  • Hello and welcome to share your story!. That picture is just precious. Yes, NICU is a roller-coaster but we are here to take that ride with you. I had my twin girls at 27 weeks, spent 70 days in the NICU and yesterday I took them to Kindergarten. Hang in there mamma, keep us posted and please, don't hesitate to ask any questions, we are here to help you.
Related