My grandson Apollo

My grandson was born in April 2019 after mom having a very uncomplicated pregnancy and labor. She had genetic testing and multiple ultrasounds done during her pregnancy due to her age, she was 34 when she got pregnant, 35 when she had Apollo. He was the healthiest baby, ate well, rarely cried, gained weight, thriving! He had about 3 episodes when he was crying, didn't want his bottle, didn't need a diaper change; we thought he had some gas and eventually he was starting to teethe. My daughter called me on August 21, 2019 from the ambulance as they were rushing my grandbaby to the hospital! When they got up that morning he wasn't acting himself and was sweaty, lethargic, and pale. The parents jump in the car to carry him to the hospital but have to stop at a walk in clinic because our little man quit breathing and my daughter had to start CPR. My sweet Apollo got his Angel wings After the Autopsy they told us he had Intestinal Malrotation but this baby Never had any signs or symptoms! Our sweet boy is gone abd we are left with questions, confusion, heartbreak! We don't know where to turn.

1 Reply

• Hi , thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandson. My heart is with you, your daughter and your family. I hope you'll continue to keep us updated on how you all are doing. We're here for you.

If you feel comfortable, you can share a memorial for your sweet Apollo on our Wall of Remembrance. You can write a tribute and read others' stories here: www.marchofdimes.org/remembrance.aspx

Sending you lots of love and strength!
    - Laura
Related