Pregnancy after Loss

May 10th 2020 I lost my sweet baby girl Lauren at 21 weeks pregnant. Lauren was healthy, vibrant and beautiful. My baby passed due to my incompetent cervix -  I didn’t know I had it until I was 20 weeks pregnant at that point I was already 2.7cm dilated and had bulging membranes. The doctors couldn’t save her - had I been 24 weeks they would’ve tried. My daughter was born and died an hour later.  I miss her so much everyday.  

My husband and I got pregnant again very soon after in July - I am now 15 weeks pregnant with her brother XJ - while I’m over the moon excited - I keep thinking it’s not supposed to be this way - she’s supposed to be here. And this time I have a cervical cerclage but I’m so afraid of it failing and losing XJ too.

Last night I had a nightmare - similar to the day when I lost all of my fluids and delivered Lauren but in my dream last night - all of my fluids were gone - and I could see his feet in my belly button and I went to the bathroom and so much blood was there - I woke up at 4 a.m. with sweats and I’ve just been unable to sleep or even think positive about this pregnancy.

For those who’ve experienced loss, how did you navigate pregnancy after loss?

1 Reply

• Sorry for your loss, I lost my baby girl at 24 weeks pregnant on September 23rd, 2020. She was stillborn. I was able to hold and touch her little body. It took us five years to get pregnant and when we finally did our baby girl did not make it. I have been given the green light to try again but I don’t know what to do. I’m also afraid of getting pregnant and going through this once again. I’m very happy for your new pregnancy and wish you all the best. Always think positive, you are always going to miss your babygirl but you have been giving a second chance at it. Good luck!
Related