We lost our baby girl and donating her to the university research was the best we could do...

tried but didn't make it...

After 3 IVFs, I finally got pregnant to twins. Everything was doing great till the 4th month when the doctor said that he could not hear one of my babies heartbeat. I was devastated but dealt with it because I had another baby inside. After a week, the second baby was diagnosed with diaphragmatic hernia. I was told that our only chance was to travel from Greece to the UK in order to have prenatal fetus surgery. So I did. I went to King's college, had the surgery and stayed in London so as to be monitored weekly. In the 32nd week, my water broke, me and the baby had a very serious infection and I had a C-section. My baby girl was born on the 30th March. I never heard her cry and I never saw her with her eyes open. I stayed next to her for the 4 next days, holding her hand and singing. I hope she could understand my limitless love... The 4th night she "left". We didn't want to bury her so we donated our  daughter to the university research. I now came back to Greece with my belly and hug empty. I' m struggling to get up from my bed but knowing that our little Katerina's life will help other babies through our donation makes me feel more relieved...

Related