We lost our baby girl and donating her to the university research was the best we could do...

tried but didn't make it...

After 3 IVFs, I finally got pregnant to twins. Everything was doing great till the 4th month when the doctor said that he could not hear one of my babies heartbeat. I was devastated but dealt with it because I had another baby inside. After a week, the second baby was diagnosed with diaphragmatic hernia. I was told that our only chance was to travel from Greece to the UK in order to have prenatal fetus surgery. So I did. I went to King's college, had the surgery and stayed in London so as to be monitored weekly. In the 32nd week, my water broke, me and the baby had a very serious infection and I had a C-section. My baby girl was born on the 30th March. I never heard her cry and I never saw her with her eyes open. I stayed next to her for the 4 next days, holding her hand and singing. I hope she could understand my limitless love... The 4th night she "left". We didn't want to bury her so we donated our  daughter to the university research. I now came back to Greece with my belly and hug empty. I' m struggling to get up from my bed but knowing that our little Katerina's life will help other babies through our donation makes me feel more relieved...

1 Reply

• I am so sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel. It is hard to get up every morning because we relive the nightmare. What has been working for me to get up in the mornings and talk to my baby. I'll wake up and I'll say "Good morning my sweet baby angel, I really don't want to get up but I know you are watching over me. Please take care of your dad, big brother and me today as we go through our day. I love you and miss so much." So far by doing this has made my mornings a little better and even though I do struggle, I have to try my best for my older son and husband. Sending you lots of hugs.

Related